A second statutory public consultation starts this week on proposed improvements to the A2 at Ebbsfleet and Bean.
Highways England will hold a series of public exhibitions between Wednesday 21 February and 4 April to provide people with the opportunity to view scheme proposals, talk to the project team and feedback your comments.
Following the consultation Highways England will analyse all feedback and produce a consultation report. This will then be part of a planning application called a development consent order (DCO) to the Planning Inspectorate.
After the examination, the Planning Inspectorate will make a recommendation to the Government which makes the final decision on the scheme. It will only be able to construct the scheme if the Development Consent Order is granted. Consent will also allow compulsory purchase of any land required.
The proposed scheme will provide additional capacity at each junction to smooth traffic flow, improve journey times and increase safety, which will help support the local and regional economy.
The scheme is jointly funded by the Department for Transport and with contributions from the Kent Thameside Strategic Transport Programme and the Ebbsfleet Development Corporation.
The public information events will be held on the dates and at the venues below:
- Wednesday 21 February 2018, 2pm – 6pm: Heritage Community Hall, Craylands Lane, Swanscombe, DA10 0LP
- Saturday 24 February 2018, 10am – 3pm: Bean Youth and Community Centre, High St, Dartford, DA2 8AS
- Saturday 10 March 2018, 10am – 3pm: Eastgate, Springhead Parkway, Northfleet, Gravesend, DA11 8AD
- Thursday 15 March 2018, 7am – 9am / 3pm – 7pm: Ebbsfleet International Station, Dartford, DA10 1EB
- Saturday 17 March 2018, 10am – 2pm: Stone Pavilion, Hayes Road, Stone, DA9 9DS
- Saturday 24 March Bluewater Shopping Centre, Dartford, DA9 9ST
To find out more go to Highways England here